Key Area of Responsibility
The Director of Contract Manufacturing is responsible to direct and manage various programs to ensure a successful manufacturing ramp at SLD Lasers’ contract manufacturing partners.
The Director will be the operations and technical liaison. He will manage the communication from domestic operations and engineering teams to the Contract Manufacturers.
The Director of CM will lead the NPI of new products, process improvement, cycle time improvement and yield improvement activities.
The successful candidate must be an excellent communicator with strong background in operations, high volume manufacturing and product and process engineering. He must have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Work with the Product Development team on NPI, product and process change implementation
- Ensure that production schedules are executed properly and customer commitments are met
- Coordinate demand & supply requirements with CMs’ Planning, Purchasing and Logistics teams
- Respond to engineering, yield, quality and material supply issues in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain capacity models validating headcount, capital equipment and floor space requirements
- Support the Quality team with customer complaints or RMA events
- Provide technical input for process yield improvements
- Communicate yield, schedule and cost excursions
- Manage on-site SLD Manufacturing Engineers
- Improve communication channels and business processes between SLD and CMs
- Create and maintain Operations dashboard: Volume, Yield, Cost, Capacity
- Identify alternate sources for Supply Chain